My Project – Project/Client Management Suite
I am in the process of building a project management/client management tool that will allow clients the ability to keep tabs on where I am at in their project, see what is coming up, and see what is already done. It will allow clients to have a very active role in the completion of their own projects.
This has been on the back burner for quite a long time, something I have wanted to complete, and now that I have finally found some free time, I am trying to roll this out as quickly as possible. This is really something I am making for myself, but I am starting to think more and more about releasing this into the public, most likely open source.
By the completion of this project, I would like to have the following features implemented:
- Projected/Actual gantt charting – Client will be able to clearly see where the project is currently, as well as where I projected it to be, allowing the client to see about when the project will be done, so it can be relayed to shareholders and stakeholders that rely on this project’s completion.
- Digital client sign off – Allow the client to log on, see what tasks I have completed, and sign off or send back for further development, giving the client a proactive role in making the site exactly how the client wants it.
- Task Proposal – Allow the client to propose further tasks/milestones for a project, and allow me to approve/deny changes and change the invoice price appropriately.
- Task removal – Like task proposal, it will give the client the ability to ask for a specific task to be removed, changing the billing of the project based on contractual stipulations..
- Billing – Using an integrated Google Checkout script to allow the client to view their invoice, and pay their bill. No writing checks, no meeting at awkward times, just quick and simple online checkout.
- Simple CMS allowing me to modify tasks/milestones and easily update the project gantt chart.
I will give an update further into this project, this could end up being pretty cool.
Happy coding all,